January 8, 2017October 4, 2015 by Andrew Fore
Editorial Note: Apparently Comcast really would prefer that people not use the term data cap when referring to the limitations being placed on their customers data usage and would much rather prefer that we use the term data usage plan or data threshold, however, I don’t really care. 🙂
I would like to go on record as saying that you suck. I recognize that you are a for profit company and that you would like to make a profit on the services that you provide. I even think that having your company make a profit is a good thing because that enables you to pay your employees so that they can put food on their tables and afford to pay the fees for their children to participate in Little League baseball and other such childhood activities.
Your data usage cap system is bogus. According to the data available on your own website you have eight (8) different trial markets where you have rolled out data caps since 2012:
- August 1, 2012: Nashville, Tennessee – 300GB cap
- October 1, 2012: Tucson, Arizona – 3 tiers (300GB, 350GB, 600GB)
- August 22, 2013: Fresno, California – Economy Plus option added
- September 1, 2013: Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Jackson, Mississippi – 300GB
- October 1, 2013: Mobile, Alabama; Knoxville, Tennessee.
- November 1, 2013: Huntsville, Alabama; Augusta, Georgia; Tupelo, Mississippi; Charleston, South Carolina; Memphis, Tennessee – 300GB cap
- December 1, 2013: Atlanta, Georgia; Maine – 300GB cap
- October 1, 2015: Fort Lauderdale, the Keys and Miami, Florida – 300GB cap plus $30 option for increasing to unlimited
In fact, your page on this even refers to these as “trial start dates” which to a reasonably minded person would imply that they have an end date as well, however to the best of my knowledge (as well as the comments made by a customer support representative) there is no plan to end these trials OR any plan to actually collapse them into a single cohesive plan that applies to your entire service.
Read moreDear Comcast: You Suck
Categories Uncategorized Tags comcast, General, Personal, Uncategorized, usage cap 2 Comments